Well, I am settled into the new place, sort of. Of course everything is still new and I have to sort of figure out how my two lovely roommates work before I’ll feel totally comfortable.
The past few days have felt hectic, but at the same time, not too stressful. On Friday, I was at work, like usual. We had internet again so I was much more productive. I asked to have Saturday off since I was moving, which obviously wasn’t a problem. At lunch, I met up with Robert and Mari at Pola. After lunch, I went to grab some toothpaste and saw this guy:
Ah Santa in the Dominican Republic!
After work I was busy packing and had to pick up the keys from Delaine, my new roommate/landlady. Mari came with me and once we grabbed the keys and checked out the room again, we went to La Cadena (another supermarket) for some groceries. I had to laugh when we were at the new apartment because since Delaine is a music teacher, she had a guitar student over at the time. And he was plunking out the same notes over and over. That could get annoying after a while! However, I was quite pleased to find a big Christmas tree in the living room!
Mari and I made our way to pilates at 7:30. It had been moved from Thursday to Friday since our instructor couldn't make it on Thursday. When we arrived, a karate session was in full swing so we sat outside with Paula, who had already arrived. She was actually on the phone with Sylvia, who had called to ask what she was doing. Sylvia told Paula that she had extra tickets to the
Diego Torres concert that evening and was wondering if we wanted to go. Sure we all said. So she told us to head home to get changed and that she'd pick us up right away. So we did, left pilates and caught a carrito home. Just as we were getting out of the carrito by the apartment, Sylvia called to inform us that she had messed up - that the tickets were for another event and their was some miscommunication with her source of the tickets (Arturo's dad). It turns out she only had two tickets so we were to decide between us who would go. In the end, Mari and Robert ended up going. They really enjoyed the concert. It was probably for the best that I didn't go since I ended up packing until after midnight.
On Saturday morning, I was up quite early to do the last minute packing. It went quite smoothly and I was actually ready to go well before Sylvia and Arturo arrived to transport my stuff. We piled everything into the truck and headed to the new place. Only issue was that my key for the outside door didn't work, so the watchman had to open it for me. He was quite nice though and even helped us carry up the stuff. Delaine wasn't home when I arrived but I was able to settle in pretty well before her and Allison got back. Allison was super cute, quite shy though. I think she will warm up to me more once she is used to seeing me around all the time. I had some issues with the internet in the afternoon when I was talking to Bart. I kept losing the internet connection about every 5 minutes, and then within 30 seconds or so, it would be back. Super frustrating. I also realized, after looking outside my window, that the empty lot beside us is full of chickens and roosters. So the cock-a-doodle-doo is going to be a permanent sound in my life now.
Saturday evening, I met up with Robert and Mari and we went to Beer House for Pavol's going away party. I was quite sad to discover that they no longer had Molson Canadian on their menu! Pretty much everyone showed up so it was good to catch up with a few people I haven't seen in quite a while. Marola also gave me 3 totally cute bracelet/elastic things:
 |
| Shark, Hedgehog and Crocodile |
It was a fun night, but also a really late night.
Oh Dear!!...I loved to read your Post about your moving and the house and I event didn't have to ask you to take some pictures from my last Princess's room...the views from the Window...everything described like it is in my heart!! :)))
ReplyDeleteTHANKS FOR THAT!!!...I got the rewards of leaving the room for you in this post and in this pictures!! :))
...The internet, if you don't see any better resources arround, maybe with your help or even with your both help..from you and from Delaine...together we can fix the problem...
I hope you can be so happy there like I was! Kisses and Have FUN!!! :)