This morning on the way to work, Robert and I were about to round the corner onto José Contreras when I noticed a pile of poo. It was gross and big, and had a lot of flies and other bugs around it. And it wasn't like regular dog poo... that's all I'm going to say about that one...
Then while waiting for a carrito that had space for two, a small dump truck pulled up in traffic. Oddly though, it had a lovely Disney scene with Peter Pan and what I assume was supposed to be Wendy, but looked much more like Princess Peach from Mario, flying over London. Both of them had anime eyes. And then underneath this large mural that took up the entire side of the small dump truck was a quote that said, "We must be able to fly to the sky." This was very random. I thought about how the two men driving this dump truck must feel. Then I began to notice that there was a lot of Japanese writing on the more official parts of the truck and assumed that it must have been imported from Japan. The carrito we finally got into ended up behind the dump truck. It was then that I read in Spanish that the truck had been donated as a gift from a particular city in Japan. Interesting. Here are the two pictures I was able to get:
When lunch time rolled around I decided that I needed a splurge on some food that wasn't at Pola. I spoke with Pavol and Robert and they agreed to go to Emparedado with me. I then realized that it had been so long since I had gone there. Most of the staff were new and thus no longer recognized me! After we finished our meals, we went next door to Bon to have some ice cream. We sat outside at a table and were able to catch a good breeze! Very enjoyable!
![]() |
| Robert |
![]() |
| Me |
![]() |
| Pavol |





A joy to read. Cool garbage truck. Had to be Japanese.
ReplyDeleteGots to love those Japanese... :)
ReplyDeleteJR
i'm sad i didn't get to see wendy/princess peach. haha
ReplyDelete