Thursday, September 23, 2010

Epic Hair at the Bookstore

Lately, I've been feeling like life is really normal here.  Nothing random and crazy is happening anymore. 

And then, the man with the epic hair came into the bookstore.

So yesterday after work, I had gone to the bookstore in Nacional to meet with Lostania, who I am mentoring.  It seems as though we had some miscommunication, because she never showed up.  However, it turns out that an hour alone at the bookstore café was exactly what I needed.  I enjoyed the quiet atmosphere and the classical background music.  I got a sneak peak at another presidential hopeful's campaign material (his team was working at the table beside me) and enjoyed an Arizona Iced Tea.  I took some time to write out the issues that have been nagging at me and also thought about how to deal with each of them.  Quite productive.  By this point, I had run out of things to do so I began people watching, and then I spotted this man:

 
But at first, I couldn't get a good shot of him, so I drew a quick sketch to send to Mari who I was chatting with at the time.


Anyway, here are some additional views that I took after I ran into Manuel (who had come to the bookstore to buy a dictionary and was also shocked and amused by epic hair man)!


Of course, BB pictures are not always the greatest, especially for things in the distance.  What you can't necessarily tell from the photos is that his hair was thinning up front, so his big poof up top was quite teased and sparse when up close. This, added to the way he carried himself and acted while in the bookstore, just made everything more random and funny to me.  He was quite poised and acted very distinguished, took his time looking at the books and talking to the staff.  He even stopped by the café and slowly sipped something while seemingly judging its quality.

I'm such a creepy stalker at the bookstore.  I also now feel bad for judging this man and his hair.

Anyway, today has felt more like a normal day at the office.  For starters, Robert had 15min between his course this morning and heading out to the client's office so we were able to have espressos and catch up a bit at SB.  I met up with Mari for lunch.  Our plan was to go to Pola, but we walked in and it was insanely busy, so we walked out and went to Emparedado instead.

Well, I'm going to be away for the next few days working on my tan and I'm sure I will have much to write about when I return.  Did you know that this will be my first time ever going to an all inclusive resort?  I've never really considered myself to be an all inclusive resort kind of gal, so I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment