The highlight of the past few days was definitely Wednesday. In the morning, on the way to work, I helped Robert do some filming. He literally filmed our entire commute to work. He was doing this because he was supposed to prepare a video presentation of his life here for AIESEC Norway. It was so much fun. it made the commute kind of exciting and adventurous. In the process we also got a picture of me with the lovely chicas from Sweet Bakery!
 |
| Me and the Sweet Bakery girls |
During the day, my main excitement came from a package that had arrived from Bart. Inside was an adorable book he had made for me! Wednesday was also the start of my lonely afternoons, as Robert and Mari are taking a Spanish course from 4-6pm each weekday. So I have a few months of walking home by myself ahead of me. In the evening, Silje and Mari came over to do some baking at our place (their stove wasn't working) for a sort of impromptu Norwegian/Guatemalan night.
 |
| Gerardo prepping his black bean dip |
 |
| Robert, keeping cool... |
 |
| Silje and Mari in the kitchen |
 |
| Skillingsbolle |
 |
| Norwegian Brown Cheese (Brunost) |
 |
| Brunost with butter inside svele! |
In the end, there was myself, Robert, Mari, Silje, Gerardo, Pavol, Sylvia and Manuel in attendance. Robert and I were rather anti social though since we were working at getting the video put together. Here's the end result:
The morning commute on Thursday seemed really boring in comparison to Wednesday. The day was fairly normal at work. Robert and I were both craving the Burger King chicken wrap so we decided to head there for lunch. We were quite disappointed though, since upon our arrival, we found out that they didn't have it at that location. Regardless, what we did end up getting was still good. When we left BK to head back to the office, we experienced a bit of a shock upon seeing something in a pile of garbage. It was absolutely horrible and it really had an impact on me. I was in shock the entire way back to the office and ended up having a little breakdown at my desk because of it. And here, I was just getting over my fear of piles of garbage. That sounds random, but my first few dead rat sightings were always in piles of garbage, so until recently, I'd still get nervous and paranoid each time I passed one. Now those feelings are back in full force.
That evening, I went to pilates which was a really good way to get my mind off of the day's events.
Friday was a much better day. I still didn't have my laptop back at work, and since the power was out until close to 11:00am I ended up getting a lot of reading done. As a result, I ended up finishing
The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People last night! For lunch, Robert and I met up with Gerardo, Mari and Silje at Taco Bell. I ordered their 7 layer nachos cause it looked really good on the menu. When I actually got the meal I realized how incredibly small it was. I ended up having to order an additional bean burrito just to fill myself up. We finished off our lunch with a trip to Sweet Bakery for some coffee. Always a great way to spend a lunch hour.
On my way home from work I snapped a few pictures:
 |
| Christmas decorations at Nacional. It feels so weird. |
 |
| Guy on a quad in the city (in front of the black car) |
Today, I had to work during the morning but I am heading to Bayahibe with Robert, Mari, Silje and Gerardo for the weekend. Should be fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment