On my way home on Wednesday, I hopped into a carrito. I was in F1. The funny thing about this carrito was that it had been a driving instructor car in its past life since there was the second brake on the passenger side. a part of me really wanted to push it just to see if it was still connected. I'm sure it wasn't, since when you have two people squished into the front passenger seat it is bound to get hit eventually, so I would assume that the driver would have it disconnected. I was good though and didn't try to push it.
Thursday was a pretty quiet day. I ate lunch by myself and just puttered away at the office all day. When I got home, I had to call Orbitz to deal with an issue that had come up regarding my Christmas flight. After that, I had a quick bite to eat, worked on my cover letter and resume for a job posting I had found, did some encore! work and chatted with mom and Bart. I decided to head to bed a bit earlier since I was pretty tired, but before I did, I finished all 500+ pages of Every Man Dies Alone. I had technically finished it earlier, but there was a fairly lengthy afterward that I wanted to read (the book is based on the case of one couple and so the afterward did an excellent job of recounting how the story related to the real life happenings at the time). What an excellent book. It lived up to its reviews and I would definitely recommend it.
On Friday, I had another regular day at the office. I was able to eat lunch with Robert and Mari, and I spoiled myself a little by having a mini lemon pie at Sweet Bakery.
In the evening, Gerardo, Robert, Mari and I went to Zona Colonial for a cultural night. All of the museums were free and there was a lot of live entertainment, including a military band in the Fort which made me really happy. Oddly, one of the biggest museums was closed to the public because there was a private function (wedding)... I guess rental money trumps providing a free cultural night to the public.
We ended up at Segafredo for drinks and pizza. Arturo and Sylvia joined us later on. Sadly, we all had to say our goodbyes to Sylvia as she is leaving to move back to Wales this Saturday morning.












No comments:
Post a Comment