Sunday, December 26, 2010

Out and About in Edmonton

On Thursday, I got up early, had Egg McMuffins with Bart before he went to work and then sat at home and wrapped presents all morning until it was time to meet the girls (Leslie and Benita) for lunch.  I bundled up and headed out to catch a bus downtown.  Of course, I just missed the #2, so I ended up having to take the #112 which made my walk to Karma about 1 block longer.  Not a big deal as there wasn't much wind outside so it was just a normal crisp and cold day.  The food was tasty, like usual, and the company was lovely, like usual!



After we exchanged gifts, the three of us walked over to the Legislature.  Benita carried on across the River Valley to head back to work, and Leslie and I went inside the visitor centre so that she could go back to work and I could do some shopping for things to bring back to the Dominican.  Before we headed in though, we took a couple shots of me outside for my Dominican friends:

Face tuck when the wind blows.

Full face showing when wind isn't blowing

After I bought a few gifts, I hopped on the LRT to go to Holt Renfrew.  I had a particular item I wanted to pick up for Bart, but when I got there, I found out that they only carry it in their Vancouver and Toronto stores.  So I ended up just getting him some awesome socks!


I then met up with Bart and we headed back towards my place, making a quick stop for groceries on the way.  We dropped off a bunch of the groceries at my place and took the rest with us.  Our next stop was Bart's parent's house for a quick dinner.  I was greeted at the door by giant hugs - even a running hug from Ola!  It was a nice evening!  Afterwards, we headed over to Bart's place to just relax for the rest of the evening.  It was so nice to have the fireplace on and to be all cozy in my favorite sweater.



I also had a few gifts that I got to open from Bart.  They included some sweet pink headphones, tea, chocolate, a "commemorative" Will & Kate magazine, and a bookmark!


We finished off the evening by eating the gingerbread men that Leslie had made for us!  Very yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment