Today, it is all official. That’s right, the 2 weeks notice has been handed in and I am now able to tell everyone that I’m moving to the Dominican Republic for a year.
Before you start asking all the questions, I’ve attempted to answer them for you.
Behold the FAQ section:
Q: When are you leaving?
A: Hopefully by the end of February, visa dependent
Q: Are you excited?
A: Yes, along with being scared, stressed, happy, sad, etc.
Q: Where in DR will you be located?
A: The capital city, Santo Domingo
Q: Who are you working for?
A: Horwath Consulting
Q: What will you be doing?
A: My job will be quite varied – everything from doing research, writing reports, meeting with clients, proofing English, eventually translating from Spanish to English, etc.
Q: Spanish?
A: Yep, the great thing about this job is that there is a real focus on me learning Spanish, I should be fairly fluent by the time I get back.
Q: Are you going to do the long distance relationship thing?
A: Yes, B and I decided we’d make it work – we’re not about to let each other go that easily!
Q: How do I get a sweet gig like this?
A: Be a current or recent post-secondary student, join AIESEC and be awesome!
Q: How soon can I visit?
A: Give me at least a month to settle in. At this point, my accommodations are not finalized, so once I know what the situation is like, I’ll be able to let those of you interested know whether you’ve got a couch or a floor to sleep on…
Q: Will you be back to visit during the year?
A: I hope so, at least once. One thing I do want to do while I’m there is check out some of the other islands nearby too. It all depends on the money situation!
Anything else?
Alright, with that being said, I will be trying very hard to keep this blog updated at least once every week or so. I will also continue to use facebook and twitter (@mythstin).
And you can always reach me on skype. I will let those of you who are interested know my phone number once I have it.
And that’s it for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment