Saturday, February 13, 2010

What? I'm actually moving?

So, with less than two weeks to go (approximately) I have not actually come to terms with what is about to happen.  I mean, I'm moving, to a new country... and yet, I plan more for a weekend away. 

Everything is quite overwhelming right now.  I just walk around with my little notebook, constantly writing down things I need to remember to do.  They really need to make a checklist for things like this.  It seems like every day, someone informs me of yet another thing I have to do. 

I believe I'm going to be in for quite a shock when the time comes to get on the plane.

And then there is the visa process.  So, I'm dealing with the DR embassy in Ottawa.  I get her to email me the forms and such, which she does, and then she says to refer to their website for the other requirements for the business visa.  So I do.  I send her everything on the list.  Then she calls me on Friday to tell me that she needs a copy of my birth certificate (not on the list) and that she only needs 2 pictures, not 4 (website says 4, I paid more to get 4).  UGH.  Then she wants the letters from the company and AIESEC in original.  Um yeah, cause that's going to happen.  So I'm going to mail her print outs of the e-version.  That will have to do.  All the other DR interns told me the visa was easy to get and that they weren't picky about the requirements.  So, hopefully, I will have a visa in a week and a bit. 

Well, that's my update for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment