Sunday, September 5, 2010

My Last Week at Home

The remainder of my week was extremely relaxing.  For the most part, Bart and I just lazed around home, eating yummy food and watching Alias (we're nearly finished Season 2).  On Sunday night, Leslie and Ryan stopped by with pizza from Funky Pickle for a games night.  Even though we were just having pizza, I set the table nicely and we opened a bottle of my favorite wine.

Luigi Bosca 2007 Malbec
After dinner we played Monopoly City and Pictionary.  The results were similar to our last game night.  Leslie won Monopoly, followed by myself, then Bart and then Ryan.  Pictionary was won by Leslie and I, although Ryan and Bart put up a much better fight than the last time.

Monday was a lazy day - I don't even remember what we did.

Tuesday was similar, although in the evening we went over to Bart's parent's house for dinner.  As always, there was way too much food and I was stuffed by the end of dinner.

On Wednesday, Bart had an interview so I left the house for the majority of the day so that he could prepare and such.  I went over to my condo, did some laundry and then went out to Oliver Square to run a few errands.  I picked up Leslie at around 2:00 and we headed to West Edmonton Mall to do a bit of shopping.  I had to drop off a bottle of rum that Pavol had sent with me to give to a fellow Rum Expert from Edmonton.  I took care of that and then had lunch at Jugo Juice.  I tried to find a pair of dress pants on sale.  While I was able to find some nice ones that were a good price, nothing seemed to fit me.  I gave up.  We met up with Ola and Eva and did some more shopping with them.  Ola decided to get a makeover done at Sephora and since Leslie and I were on a bit of a timeframe, we continued on just the two of us.  We went into the new Victoria Secret store.  It is quite nice, although, of course, the one thing I did like didn't come in my size.  So frustrating.  We also made a quick trip to Bath and Body Works since I was wanting to get a new Body Mist.  I was successful in that endeavor.   When it was time to leave, I had Bart call Karma to order some Indian takeout for dinner that I would pick up once I was back downtown.

Rice, Naan, Chana Masala, Gobhi Kaju Masala and Samosas!
Ola also came over that night and we rented Date Night.

We decided to take a mini-vacation to Lloydminster so that Bart could relax and recover in a new setting and I could see my family.  After Bart's appointment and my running around we drove back to my home town.  The first evening, after a lovely dinner with BBQ pineapple chicken burgers, rice, and asparagus, we headed out to the neighbourhood park to partake in some Bocce.  Dad was the overall winner.

Jonathan's Mad Bocce Skills
On Friday, I took Bart out and about to see the sights of the city, which included Bart's first trip to Saskatchewan (hee hee).  I had a terrible time attempting to find a couple kettles like the one I took to the Dominican with me.  However, I was finally successful at Home Hardware, even though I had to return again today to pick them up since they had not yet been unpacked from their warehouse.  Mom made her very yummy broccoli casserole for me that night and the rest of the family had ribs.  In the evening, we went out to the tennis courts and played a few matches.  I was better than I remembered myself being.  I don't think I had played tennis since high school.


Me and mom playing against Jonathan
Me with a great shot (obviously!)
Today, I was able to finish my errands before heading to Bud Miller Park for a friendly game of mini golf.  Dad ended up getting 3 hole in one's which was ridiculous.  That gave him a hefty lead over the rest of us and he ended up being the only one under par at the end of the game.

Putting
Bart and I
Hello Gorilla
Jonathan and Dad
Dad and Jonathan then went over to play some more tennis while mom, Bart and I took a walk around the lake.

Oak Tree
Flowers
Canadian Geese
Dad's Serve
Mom had cold feet
Spectator Bart
Jonathan
We had another lovely meal.  My other food request was zucchini casserole and my mom made that for me tonight.  After dinner, Bart and Jonathan played a lot of Mario Kart on DS.  It was pretty funny as the two of them kept giggling whenever they took the other one out or visa-versa.   I find it hard to believe that I will be heading to the airport in 24 hours.  My visit home has been so enjoyable.  A part of me wishes that I didn't have to go back, but at the same time, I want to go back and to carry on with the life I have built in the Dominican.  I am now half done my internship and I know that the next 5.5 months will go by very fast!

2 comments:

  1. thanks a lot for the bottle Kierstin! See you soon PS: Maria was talking something about a recipe for the pie

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem Pavol! And yes, I am bringing the recipe with me!

    ReplyDelete