Bart and I had some last minute shopping to do. Let me clarify, Bart had some last minute Christmas shopping to do and I had forgotten an ingredient or two for my brunch. So we started off by getting a breakfast sub at Subway, followed by some Caramel Brulée lattes at Starbucks. We had to stop by my place to grab a casserole dish that I had forgotten to grab the day before, which was followed by trips to a few big box stores and then Safeway. Once we had everything, we headed back home so that I could do as much pre-cooking as possible for the next day. We wanted to be over at Bart's parents place a bit early so that we could help with the final preparations, so we got ready quickly and headed over.
The dinner was amazing, as always, and the table was decorated beautifully. We started off with some borscht which was very tasty, especially with a mushroom filled pierogi inside! The dinner was all vegetarian plus some fish, so I was happy!
After dinner, we exchanged gifts. I was a bit upset the day before since I realized that I forgot a couple of my gifts back in the Dominican. But everyone else really enjoyed their Dominican gifts and those that didn't get theirs were super understanding! I was completely spoiled and one of my favorite gifts was the pair of shoes that Bart bought me!
After gifts came dessert! There were so many options to choose from but I stuck to just a few sweets followed by a coffee.
After dinner, we played the Family Guy version of Clue. My team wasn't very successful the first round, but in the second round, all three teams were quite close, but we still didn't win. By the time we finished the game it was really late so Bart and I had to get home so that we wouldn't be too tired for Christmas #2 which began at 9 am the next day.
On Christmas, we headed over to my place to spend the day with my family. We made our traditional mimosas and settled down in the living room to open gifts. While I had opened my main present from Bart the night before, he got to open the one from me that morning, the new iPod nano!
After gifts were opened, I finished making the brunch. I made four dishes which turned out to be a little bit much, but everyone did enjoy the food!
![]() |
| fruit salad with cranberry dressing |
![]() |
| sweet potato hash with spicy hollandaise |
![]() |
| almond and cream cheese french toast |
![]() |
| baked brie strata |
For the remainder of the day, we all just sat around enjoying ourselves and some of our new gifts. Jonathan got a PS3 so the guys played some FIFA for a while. He also got a sweet table top ping pong game which we set up and attempted to play, although the balls that were included were not very bouncy which made it a bit difficult. Prior to ping pong we had a delicious turkey dinner prepared by my parents.
We finished off the night by playing "Things" for a few hours before it was time to head home.
































No comments:
Post a Comment