Thursday, June 17, 2010

Just Another Week... Until Now!

So, I forgot to mention to things about the beach on Sunday.  One, was that there were lots of beautiful yellow butterflies flying around us on the beach, it was really cool!  Also, for the first time, someone knew where Edmonton is.  Jakub asked me where exactly in Canada I was from.  Normally, even saying Alberta gets me a look of confusion, so I clarified, "you want to know the province or the city or?" He said, "city."  I said, "okay, I am from Edmonton."  "AH Edmonton!" he exclaimed.  What, he knows where Edmonton is?  Turns out that when he was small growing up in the Czech Republic, his favorite hockey team was the Edmonton Oilers!  I thought that was pretty cool.  So then we talked hockey for a bit.

The week has went well so far.  I've been quite busy at the office working on several projects.  One project turned out to be quite successful and my boss was very happy with me!  Moody, the air conditioner (right), is still being moody, but has been producing lovely cool air more frequently now.  Random: I particularly like the warning that Moody possesses: "Warning: Don't put your hands and others into the air outlet" I just picture someone lifting up another person and trying to stick their head into the 2 inch opening...  I have done really well eating healthy this week (minus popcorn at pop at the movies last night).  On that note, we saw The A-Team last night.  I wasn't sure what I would think of it - it seemed like it could be one of those movies where all the good stuff is in the previews, but instead, I actually really enjoyed it.  Only not so great part about the movie was when Paula spilled some of our Extra Grande popcorn (hee hee) but as the picture shows, we still had lots left:


I also did a bit of shopping last night before the movie, with Ozumy.  She was a lovely shopping companion, translating my dissatisfaction with most everything I tried on to the store clerks.  Finally, we found what I was looking for - a nice cover-up for wearing over my bikini at the pool or beach!  It's lovely, pink, and unique!

And today is the big day!  Unfortunately, I woke up not feeling so great - to the extent that if I wasn't already taking the next 5 days off, I would have stayed home.  I blame it on O, who was sick on Monday/Tuesday and then probably had leftover germs on Wednesday.  Hopefully all of my usual remedies will kick in and I'll feel much better tomorrow. 

As I write, Bart is sitting in the Miami Airport enjoying a 5 hour layover.  And by enjoying, I mean he is really tired.  There was a storm during the last hour or so, but it appears to have cleared up.  So far, his flight is still scheduled to leave on time, but there is a bit of backlog due to the flights that couldn't leave during the storm.  My plan for the evening is to head home a tad early (1/2 an hour more to go!), do a few things around the house, and at 6:45, Don Pedro is scheduled to pick me up to take me to the airport.  Once we return, everyone is planning on coming to our colmado to have some beer and meet Bart.  Should be fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment