Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Start your Engines! (Via the Hood)

Still no internet at home.

I watched another movie last night, "W."  It was alright.  Makes Powell look like the good guy and makes Rice look kind of stupid and homely.  I watched "Precious" on Monday night and it was MUCH better - very intense.

It seems as though my carrito rides often prove to be the most interesting/random part of my day; today was no exception.  I got into one that had no outside door handles, and the inside ones were essentially broken, so the driver had to open the doors for the passengers all the time since he knew the "trick" to them.  He seemed like a very impatient driver as he kept going into the far left lanes to get around traffic.  We were in the middle lane and were waiting for traffic to clear so that he could pull over to the right, since the girl in the front (there was just the two of us) needed to get out.  He ended up stalling the car.  So I was expecting him to restart the car and get going again, but he didn't.  He waited until traffic cleared, got out, opened the hood, and started the car from there.  This seemed odd since he had a key in the ignition.  I learned later that the key was there more as a place to keep it, although he had to take it out once and a while to change the radio station. (Don't ask, I think the buttons were kind of broken so he needed a smaller point to press the buttons with?)  Speaking of the radio, it was on VERY loud.  I had to essentially yell to get him to stop where I wanted!

The architect was back at the office today.  He seemed excited to see me.  I also got to meet his son who had accompanied him to the meeting.  He told his son, in Spanish, about how I was from Edmonton, Alberta, which was close to Banff.  I assume his son has heard even more about his experiences in Banff than me, so this seemed to resonate well with his son.  It was also funny when he was telling his son that I don't know Spanish.  I kind of chuckled at this though, and Sr. S clarified that I could understand quite a bit!  I also think that Sr. S had a pen explode on him, as most of his right hand was covered in ink...

I asked O about the chicken the other day.  He did not see the chicken and seemed even more surprised than I did about its existence.  Unfortunately his girlfriend called just as we were about to really discuss the chicken, so that conversation kind of finished abruptly with no chance for any sort of explanation.

I ended up having two treats today.  At first, it was just going to be the Coke, but then, Ozumy said she wanted chocolate - the same one that I usually get - and I just couldn't resist getting one too.


I'm greatly looking forward to Canada Day tomorrow - stay tuned to Friday's blog post for the details on how I spent Canada Day in the Dominican! 

And finally, today I get to celebrate nine absolutely amazing months with Bart!  Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to you and Bart! :)
    The chocolate was great. A repeat soon?

    ReplyDelete