Yesterday was quiet, boring, slow, etc. The only exciting thing that happened was that I walked home for the first time since the ankle injury. It was still fairly sore when I got home, but worth it. Especially since I save an average of 15min by walking home as opposed to taking a carrito! On my way home, I saw this on one of the large electronic billboards. I was hoping the person would have something scandalous and compromising on their desktop for all of Santo Domingo to see. No such luck...
This morning, I did something that left me kind of embarrassed.
While waiting for a carrito to come along, I got honked at. A man in a black Toyota stopped, put the car into reverse and tried to get me to get in his car. Now he was saying trabajo which means work. My brain went, I think that guy works at my office, but I'm not sure. Do I recognize the car, maybe? Since I estimated my level of sure-ness at about 75% I just kind of looked confused and shook my head no. He looked confused and then drove off. A carrito came shortly thereafter and in I got. While in the carrito, I kept seeing a blue BMW just like that of JD at work. Turns out it was him. As I walked towards the office, I noticed the same black Toyota in the parking lot.
Crap - I do work with him. He probably thinks I'm extremely weird. I hope I didn't offend him... he'll understand, right?I met up with JD as I was heading into the building, turns out he also tried to get my attention and pick me up, but he did so after I had already performed the finger wiggle to get the carrito to stop for me. He said that the next time he is going to work around that time he will bb text me so I know to watch for him.
O and I had a little giggle fit together this morning when J started belting (and I mean BELTING) out a song. It was a type of Christian Gospel song and he didn't know most of the words and it was loud. O and I just turned to each other and started laughing. J couldn't hear us though, he was singing that loud. O says to me: "and I thought I was weird." I may have gotten audio footage of the singing... I need to do a quick edit on it, since there is a lot of dead space, and then I will upload it. It's not the most intense part of his singing, but at least will give you an idea of the way he sings.
Then, after I had gotten back from lunch, the man from the black Toyota came by our area. It was then that he realized I didn't speak any Spanish. This seemed to make him understand more. He told O and J the story of this morning, and how he was like, "Trabajo? Trabajo?" O explained my side of it and translated back to me. The guy just thought I looked dazed and confused. I got O to tell him that I will know it is him for next time. Ugh. I felt really stupid. At the same time though, my gut wasn't positive that it was someone from work and I mean, I can't just be getting into vehicles with guys I'm only 75% sure I work with. And I'm sure that they understand that it is easy for everyone else here to remember me. It is not so easy for me to remember everyone here, at least not yet. Plus I've said, "hola!" to this guy maybe once before.
It's RD$50 movie night! Tonight's pick: Prince of Persia.

No comments:
Post a Comment