Thursday was a holiday here, which I was quite grateful for. I spent the day at home, relaxing and napping. The morning began with a storm that included pouring rain, big thunder and lightning. However, this made for excellent morning nap conditions as it kept my room nice and dark. I've been feeling very tired lately. I am still not used to the longer working hours and longer work week. I'm getting used to the heat, but it still drains me. And another symptom that expats usually face is exhaustion, generally. So my focus for the next bit is kind of recovering and also getting myself back to feeling positive about the whole experience!
We received another new intern this week. His name is Jakub and will be working with Pavol, David and Orlando. I met him yesterday, briefly, when I stopped at the MC to pick up my font template...
Also, at lunch yesterday, I went to Emparedado and was waiting for Adaica to show up and ended up being mesmerized by this guy's suit. He seemed to maybe be an owner of the company or the building or something. He had a guy who drove his big Chevy Tahoe and who also carried his portfolio with his files in. He seemed very stereotypical wannabe TV style Italian mafia in the Caribbean. The oiled back hair, never took off his sunglasses, cheesy suit... And yes, those are lemon dress pants, paired with a lime green dress shirt and a mint-lime blazer. Enjoy!




No comments:
Post a Comment