Thursday, July 15, 2010

I Miss Direct Deposits

Today was payday.  Now, the process in which I get paid is rather, well, old school.  Twice a month, I get told to go into a back office, I get some cash and I sign a piece of paper.  Usually I have to wait at work a bit longer than I usually stay, until I am able to go in and get paid.  So today, I sat and waited.  It was after 6:00pm when I finally decided that I should check to make sure that we were actually getting paid today.  So I asked J and he said, "Yes, I already got mine," and then he asked me for a "Trident."  He told me to go back and get mine.  So I did, and everyone from that department was gone.  Great. 

Now I guess this is partially my fault - perhaps I should have asked sooner or went to check for myself.  BUT since the first payday, someone has always told me that it was my turn to go.  ALWAYS.  No one has actually told me the procedure.  (This reminds me of how no one even showed me where the washroom was, let alone any other important aspect of the office when I started)  So I left, an hour late, with no money.  I was just a little bit frustrated.

In regards to the rest of the day... I had a good morning since JD and his BMW happened upon me while I was waiting for a carrito and gave me a lift to work!  On my way home, there was a man standing at the corner near my apartment without a shirt on holding a large machete, which made me slightly anxious.  Someone ate my remaining 3 big carrots, which I was hoping to have as a snack before pilates.  And by someone, I mean, one of my lovely roommates.  It's alright though, I'll just look for 3 new big carrots to appear in my fridge sometime soon.

And off to pilates I go...

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA kierstin, i want you to read your last paragraph. its just great and random... man with a machete to someone ate your carrots... without even a pause.
    ahhh life in the DR...

    ReplyDelete