This week feels like it has been really busy - but it really hasn't been.
Yesterday, I had to work late because J couldn't figure out how to put a file onto a memory stick because it kept saying that there wasn't enough room on the memory stick. I didn't feel like explaining to him that if he just went through the massive amount of files he keeps on there and gets rid of the stuff that doesn't need to be stored there then he would stop having this problem. Honestly, he has been having this issue for about a month now. Instead of being like the rest of us who delete the files we already have on our computers, he just keeps adding files. And then when he can't put anymore on, he wanders around the office trying to find another memory stick to use. So I told him to just email it to me. But he took another 1/2 hour to actually email the files to me. (He doesn't use Outlook, he goes onto the webmail server to use his email, but he has the wrong site address bookmarked several times, along with the one correct bookmark so it takes him a while to get there) The file was a template for a CV. Apparently, a bunch of our CVs had to be sent to Argentina. That's all I was told. So I worked away at transferring my current CV into this template. Sigh.
All of this led to a massive headache, so when I got home I went and had a brief nap. In the evening we were all supposed to go to the MC for Peruvian night - since our CEEDer, Manuel was leaving to go back to Peru. So, Pavol, Maria and I headed over there just after 8. We missed the beginning of the presentation on Peru, but since I couldn't understand most of it anyways, it wasn't a big deal. The email said that Peruvian food would be available for us to eat. Of course, I am always optimistic that there will be enough food, so I don't eat much ahead of time. Each time, I am reminded that I should have ate earlier. This was no exception. The food wasn't served until after 11:30. There wasn't enough of the first dish, so a few of us had to share - which was fine. Then the next dish came out which had octopus in. I didn't eat any of this but planned on having some of the potatoes that were coming out next. However, the potatoes came out while the first wave of octopus eaters were at the table so by the time I got there, well lets just say I ate 4 marble sized potatoes. It kind of bugs me that certain people do end up getting enough to be full, while others, who are more polite and reserved, don't. Last night, I wasn't expecting a full meal, but others, such as the taco night, where I contributed $$ to the meal, I expected to actually be full. I am happy though that there are now more vegetarians so my needs (and theirs) are more readily met. However, the moral of the story is that for now on, I'm bringing my own meal.
We didn't get home until well after midnight and I think I got to bed around 1:00am. I was very tired today. On the way to work, my carrito passed an old man who was standing at the side of the street, playing air guitar with a tennis racket while singing and dancing. Everyone was staring at him. He looked happy though. The work day was pretty low key. I went to Pizza Hut for lunch with Pavol and Jakub. It was quite yummy. I left a bit early today from work since I was tired and because I had worked late yesterday. The carrito I got into, I could barely fit in (I was in B4). Literally my arms had so little room to move that I could only just get my wallet and some change out to pay the driver. The guy in B3 got out after Ave 27. This put me into the B3 position, and a man with a newborn baby into B4. I felt so bad. The baby was sleeping and looked as though it were about 2-3 days old. It had an IV hooked up to it and was just wrapped up in a single thin blanket. The father (assumedly) held the baby, the IV bottle and a small jar of baby food. He looked very sad and concerned. The lady in B1 got out next, so we all had to shuffle out. I had to help open the door for the man with the baby and all of us were concerned about him getting in and out. A part of me wanted to offer some sort of assistance. I feel that way a lot here. I always want to help people. (And the stray dogs too!) But I don't know what I can do.
So that kind of put a damper on my mood. I am looking forward to pilates tonight. But first - a nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment