Unfortunately, the migraine that I got on Tuesday is still with me, just not quite as bad as it was that night. So that has made for a not so enjoyable past few days, but at least I managed to do some fun things regardless of the pain and discomfort.
One of the highlights was Friday lunch. Robert and I decided to try something new, so we went to Pizza Rustica, which had just opened in Novo Centro. It was extremely tasty and some of the toppings they had were quite original, I thought.
On Saturday, I went into work in the morning and then came home to have a nap to help with the headache situation. When I awoke, I just sat and did some reading (new book) until it was time for date night.
On Sunday, I had a bit of an adventure planned. At around 11:30, I wandered over to the old apartment to meet up with Mari and her Norwegian friends, Lars and Line who were visiting. We caught a taxi to the Caribe Tours station and met up with Robert and his dad, as well as Lostania, there. We caught the 12:30 bus to La Vega. I sat with Lostania and we had a good chat. She kept making fun of me for not knowing the artists of the music that was playing on the bus. When we arrived, we gave Adaica a quick call so that she could come and get us. We took two taxis over to the Carnaval area but ended up losing Mari, Lostania, Lars and Line along the way. So while we tried to get in touch with them, we ended up wandering a bit and finding the rest of the AIESECers. Our plan was to head to this area, called a cave, where we were going to purchase tickets so that we could hang out in it. It was kind of like a party tent in a sense. The music was insanely loud and while shady, there wasn't much of a breeze.
Finally, the others made it to the area. They had decided that it wasn't worth it to buy the ticket (in hindsight, I agreed) and were hanging out in the street area. Lostania and I decided to join them. We stood around, eating snacks from the street and watching people hitting others with the vejigas, others, like the following girl, just hit people lightly with her inflatable toy thing.
Once it was getting closer to the start time, we decided to find a spot on the shady side of the street against a wall so we could avoid being hit in the butt with the vejigas by los diablos. We found a good spot and stuck to it. I was expecting the entire thing to be a bit more crazy and packed, but, nevertheless, it was enjoyable to see all of the diablos cojuleos costumes and the others that were dressed up.
It was nearing 5:00 when we decided that we had experienced what we wanted to and were ready to head home. It was such a hot day and after standing on our feet for hours, the air conditioned bus ride home seemed heavenly. So we wandered off to find a taxi and ended up getting one that drove a truck, so he was able to take all of us at once (4 in the box of the truck). We arrived with enough time to catch the 5:15 bus to head back to the city. I slept essentially the entire way, which was nice. I had to take a cab home from the bus station, which involved me arguing with the drivers about the price, and then arguing with the driver I ended up with about how he didn't need to know the street nearest my place (other than the main street it is on) because I could tell him where it was. I gave him several different directions to it, saying it was 3 blocks before lincoln, near the metro station, between UASD and Lincoln, etc. It all worked out though. The first thing I did when I got home was grab my cold pack out of the freezer, took some advil, and then rested with the cold pack on the back of my neck. It helped a lot, but the constant headache remains.





















No comments:
Post a Comment