Monday, May 3, 2010

Señora?

Quick post.  While I was getting groceries today, I was milling around the juice section when a man said, Señora? Señora?"  I turn around (why would he ask me when there were obviously some Dominican women nearby?), and he asks me in Spanish if the juice he was holding was a nectar or not.  I gave him a look of not being sure, and then said no. (I hadn't tried that juice before but judging by what it said, I didn't think it was)  He said, okay thank you.  Then when I walked away, I heard him say concentrate in a very English accent.  Later, I thought, I should have found out if he did speak English, because then I could have recommended the best orange juice in the place.  Oh well.  But, more importantly, someone asked me a question in Spanish, and I understood and replied (although it was only a rather feeble "no").

As you can see, my day was rather unexciting/uneventful.

No comments:

Post a Comment