Saturday, May 8, 2010

Shopping!

After an uneventful morning at the office, I met up with Maria for an afternoon of shopping!  There were a few things, in particular, that I wanted to purchase and I ended up getting some of those things, plus a couple other things...

Since it is my birthday coming up, I had a bit of money to spend, so I ended up with some new sandals, a dress and a purse.  Maria did an amazing job of bargaining for the pair of sandals I wanted!  I'm so glad she was there!  We also bought each other our birthday presents.  They are the same style of dress, just in a different pattern.  Mine has birds on, hers has flowers.  We plan on wearing them on our birthday - don't worry, people will not ask us if we're in a band, since we won't actually see each other that day.  The clerk's at Zara found us amusing, since we got them to wrap the dresses up as gifts, and then we proceeded to give the bags to each other and wish each other happy birthday.  It was a lot of fun!

I was also very surprised to see a pair of sandals that I had bought at Nine West last summer (on sale) being sold for full price at the actual Nine West store (and at another store)!  I kind of wanted to be like, you know that shoe is from several seasons ago, right?  So weird.  But they also had some of the same stock that is in Edmonton right now (or at least just over two months ago when I was last there), along with some sale stock that I've had already for at least 2 years.  Granted one was a pair of booties, and I don't think those sell well here...  Kind of like we found fur trimmed leather gloves in one store.  I guess if you were heading north for winter... but why would Dominicans leave sun and sand for snow and cold...

Tomorrow I am heading to a few new sites in and around the city - so stay tuned for (hopefully) some great pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment