Thanks to Saturday being Labour Day, I had a two day weekend. It was joyous! And I was actually busy and social for once - what a difference that extra day makes!
Friday night, I went out with the girls to Cappuccino for pizza and wine. It was very enjoyable even though the pizza's were too big! I met a few more of Maria's friends, which is always nice! After dinner we went to the Colonial Zone to say hi to Jody and Quentin as it was their last weekend in the DR. They are heading back to France this week. Most everyone else went out after that, but I headed home since I had to be at Nacional at 9am to meet up with Ozumy and Orlando.
So yes, Saturday, I went to the beach with Ozumy and Orlando. We met up with another AIESECer from Spain, Maria (from here on in she will be Spain Maria) and her boyfriend. This time, the trip out to the beach only cost RD$60. (Our last trip was RD$100, and on a smaller not as good bus). However, the bus ended up having some mechanical issues, so we had to get onto another bus that wasn't as nice and was more crowded. At least we all got a seat.
We decided to go to Hemingway, since Pavol has said that it is nicer. I agree. There are more palm trees there which is nice since at Juan Dolio, the last time, we were out in the hot sun the entire time, no shade escape! It was very relaxing. The water was great, although had a bit too much floaty seaweed for my liking, but really, who am I to complain! The trip back to Santo Domingo cost RD$80, which incidentally was the same price I paid for an ice cream bar at the colmado on my way back to the apartment. I spent my evening, like I always do, playing board games online with Bart. He beat me in the first game of monopoly (I didn't have a chance based on what I kept landing on...) but then in the second, even though he had no full sets, but all 4 railways, and I had two full sets, he was about to bankrupt me in about another 2 turns. BUT THEN, I came back and bankrupted him and ended up with an over 200 million dollar net worth (since he had accumulated nearly 100 million in cash alone from not being able to buy anything...) As a result, this was a really long game. Yep, we are both geeks. I guess that's why it works :)
The new MCP for AIESEC DR arrived today, Zakaria from Morocco. All the interns, except Pavol, went over to the MC to have lunch with him. It was pouring rain when I left, and I got splashed by a vehicle while I walked to Lincoln to catch a carrito. However, the lunch was a lot of fun - and the food was great (thanks Jennifer, Ozumy and Orlando!)
And now, another week begins...

No comments:
Post a Comment