Yes, apparently there was "widespread dust" throughout the city. More googling informed me that this is frequent in the Middle East and Africa (which makes sense) and some places in the US. But dust on a tropical island? And when the humidity was sitting at 89%? Regardless, it felt fairly normal outside, just a bit more "stuffy" than usual. That was until later. I've decided that dust makes it more hot. Really hot. Which was what it was like at lunch and later on that day.
I ended up running a bit late, so took a carrito again this morning. The first one that had room had only one person in (bonus!). The driver was unable to pick anyone else up so he stopped just passed Nacional and waited. Then he turns to me and the other guy in the car, and says he's going to go down Lincoln instead of Lope de Vega. I'm confused since carritos don't usually go down the rest of Lincoln, but I'm like, well that's still okay for me - just a few extra blocks to the office. So another girl gets in who wants to go down Lincoln. But we wait longer. Another girl comes by, but she wants Lope, so she doesn't get in. We wait. Finally, since the other girl who wanted Lope was still waiting, he changed his mind again and said, okay we'll go Lope (he wanted that extra 20 pesos!). The girl who wanted Lincoln was unimpressed but stayed in the car. Also, since the car was so empty for half the way, I got this shot of the inside door. Probably about 1 in 4 carritos I take doesn't have panelling inside the door.I had lunch with Marola at Wendy's. It was yummy, but then I was too full for ice cream. It was crazy hot out at lunch (yeah I know I mentioned that already). Marola thinks I should buy a car so that I can drive us around haha. If only I made that much money... I was also very happy, that for the second day in a row, I got coffee in the morning and afternoon! Excellent!
After work, I met up with Pavol and Orlando to get groceries for the evening's dinner. I had some issues being in the fish section as too many of them still have eyes, and that's just not cool with me. There ended up being 7 of us over at the apartment. We made salmon, rice, beans, chicken and potatoes. Maria brought some amazing fruity ice cream (more like gelato) for dessert. It was ridiculously hot (especially in the kitchen), but a lot of fun!

What a nice night, thx for the recipe, it was excellent.
ReplyDeleteGlad you could come! The recipe is from this blog (by a girl I lived with in residence while at university): http://happinessinapot.wordpress.com/
ReplyDelete