Monday, May 31, 2010

The Fuzz Creatures

Somehow, I went several days without posting.  Mainly because 1) not much happened, and 2) I was tired.

Recap

The end of the week was fairly normal.  I went to work, I came home, I ate, I slept.  On Friday, I received a rose at work for Mother's Day.  (Sunday was Mother's Day here)  I'm not really sure why I got one... perhaps they think I have children (thus implying I had left said children behind for a year) or they didn't want me to feel left out.  Regardless, I received a rose.  O also took one, after some convincing on his part, and told me he was going to give it to his mom.  I, of course, could not give mine to my mom, but I did take a picture of it and send that to her!  Anyways, the single rose now sits in an empty wine bottle on the kitchen table.  Slowly the petals are starting to fall.  It kind of reminds me of Beauty and the Beast...

After a quiet work day on Saturday (Sr. S and I were the only ones here in the consulting department) I met up with Maria and Paula at Nacional.  We picked up lots of food and some sparkling wine for our girls afternoon which consisted of eating, drinking and watching Season 2 of Sex and the City.  On our way home, we were just getting out of the carrito when the bottle of sparkling wine fell out of Maria's bag.  We looked in horror as it fell into the gutter at the side of the road.  It was kind of in slow motion as we saw it drop and waited for a fizzy burst to appear.  But it didn't.  It remained intact.  (It fell from about 2+ feet)  We were overjoyed!  Saturday evening was spent, as usual, online playing board games with Bart.  Mr. Baby Lizard also made an appearance twice that day.  Although Pavol told me that he's been cheating on us and hanging out in one of the other apartments too (he was spotted at Pavol's boss' house on Friday night...).

Sunday was rather exciting since David, Pavol and I decided that we needed to do something about our kitchen.  We went to Casa Cuesta to see what we could find.  We ended up getting a corner shelf, a wheeled 3 tiered basket shelf and a new dish drainer.  Pavol and I gave all of the dishes a good cleaning and then we reorganized.  The kitchen literally looks 10 times better!  It makes me so happy.  We also gave the living room furniture a bit of a refreshing.  Last week, I had asked Maria to pick me up some febreeze (I was on bed rest with my ankle) but, as is often the case, Nacional had run out.  So she got this other product that you sprayed on, it foamed up and then you rubbed it in to the fabric.  In the process of cleaning, I ended up getting a bit in my eye (ouch).  Lots of water later, it seemed okay, but I switched to my glasses for the rest of the day.  I also did quite a bit of cleaning in my room, it looks much better now!

So the title of my post... the Fuzz Creatures.  Every so often, I'll spot these little piles of fuzz stuck to the wall.  They are shaped like a tiny leaf.  About a month ago, one of them caught my eye since it appeared to be moving.  Odd.  Upon closer inspection I was sure that this little pile of fuzz was alive.  I took a photograph and video of it so I had proof.  However, once I showed the video to my mom and dad when they were here, I decided I was a little bit crazy and that it was probably just the breeze from the fan that was making it move.  Here's the evidence from that first day:




Then today, as I went to hop in the shower, I saw another Fuzz Creature.  It was also moving.  Since there was no breeze in the bathroom, I knew that it may just be that I was crazy this time or that I was right.  Upon closer inspection I could see more of the Fuzz Creature and realized that it was actually a creature.  After my shower, I ran and got my camera, determined to prove it once and for all.  And so I did.  Unfortunately, I was so excited to prove that I wasn't crazy that I kind of forgot about my ankle and several minutes of being squatted down near the floor left me incredibly sore... Oh well, it was worth it.  Check it out here:







Unfortunately my google skills have turned up nothing as to what this thing actually is.  If you know - let me know!!!  But for now, they will just be the Fuzz Creatures that inhabit our home and give me the creeps.

4 comments:

  1. That is one strange “whatever”. At least it’s not one of those bugs in Japan that congregate above where you sleep and fall on you during the night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I update - I submitted a question and picture to an "Ask a Biologist" website... I'm so interested to see what they say it is... Although it won't be as cool once I know I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you ever find out what that thing was?! It looks so strange!

    ReplyDelete