When I left the office on Saturday, I got sad. I wasn't expecting that at all. But I was sad to have to say bye to my coworkers and my little desk space, and my crappy laptop - even just for 2 weeks. Imagine what it is going to be like in another 6 months when I leave for good. And that's just work! Add to that the amazing friends I've made here, the pilates class I enjoy so much, and everything on my list of "Things I Enjoy About the DR."
I am now packed, although I may not be able to fit everything in that I'm bringing back. Do not worry, the additions to my bag on the way back are either edible or for other people. Although it wouldn't hurt to bring my small suitcase I guess, especially since I may need the extra room in February...
There are times, while here, that I feel like I've been forgotten back home. I knew this would happen - it is only natural that my not being there physically will lead me to lose some of the friendships I had. But there were times when I felt like I only had a handful of friends left who actually cared to keep in touch. That's alright though - all the better for my "fresh start plan" when I return. Seriously, if you ever want to find out who your true friends are, move to another country for a year.
So things I am most looking forward to in the next two weeks all involve food. Well nearly. I'm happy that so many people wanted to see me, from my awesome friends Leslie, Tiarra, Lara, Benita, and Ryan to some of my old coworkers from the City, and of course Bart and my family. I'm really looking forward to my full schedule of Edmonton adventures!
Back to life here for a moment. Today was fairly quiet around the house. Robert and I went to Nacional to pick up a few things in the morning. Just outside our gate, he pointed out this guy:
![]() |
| Lizard! |
I bought a new humidity catcher for my closet, since in less than 3 weeks, my original one was full. Can you believe that it soaks up this much humidity in less than 3 weeks! No wonder I had moldy clothes!
![]() |
| A lot of humidity water! |
And finally, we had a little creature visit us. David wasn't around, so instead of fire, we did it the old fashioned way and flushed him down the sink drain. They are like 3 times as big as the ones we have back home!
![]() |
| Centipede! |
On that note, its time for me to get to bed so that I can go home tomorrow. Wish me luck!



HUG!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHaha I am exactly like you in that whenever I go back to Edmonton, it's all about the food ;)
ReplyDelete