Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Miniature Lizard

On my way to pilates last night, I was walking to the metro station when I saw sparks fly off of a power pole.  I assumed that someone was trying to illegally steal electricity (something that is common here) but when I got closer, there was no one there.  Literally, the electricity sparked on its own.  Like when someone is welding kind of sparks.  Eeek.  Needless to say I crossed the street and then crossed back to pass it...

Pilates was good like usual.  I am beginning to notice the effects - feeling more toned and flexible - which makes me happy.  When I got home from class, David opened the door for me and said, "you have to see this lizard!" I got quite excited - as I always like lizards in the house - and then got even more excited when I saw this guy.  He was so tiny and adorable!  We spent probably a good 20 minutes taking pictures of him and I even tried to feed him a piece of my plum.  I don't know if he ever ate it though since I had to go and get some stuff done.  Stuff like making this video.



So that was rather exciting.

Today, all of us were a bit slow getting going, but Robert and I still made it to work at a decent time.  JD was around in the morning so him and Robert finally met, although there wasn't a desk ready for him yet in that area so he is still stuck between O and I.  We ended up going to Sweet Bakery for a quick morning coffee break.  It was the first coffee break I've taken in 5 months.  It felt really nice.  I got an espresso and a mini guayaba pie.




At lunch we met up with Orlando and Ozumy by the bank and then we walked to Quizno's.  I didn't want to walk because it is really hot today but traffic was backed up so we knew it would be faster.  Pavol was waiting for us when we arrived.  Ozumy was really hoping that we would find another fry mask, but unfortunately, all of our fries were normal shaped.  Although she did totally step up and get a refill on her drink.  We still don't know if it is allowed though.  We were also scoping out a potential bachelor for Paula.  We thought this guy had some potential so we took some paparazzi pics:



Today at lunch was also the last time I will see Orlando, hopefully not forever, but probably for quite a while.  He heads back to Colombia tomorrow.  I will definitely miss having him around.  Here is a sampling of some of my favorite Orlando memories:
  • Him helping me with my camera to take pictures of the moon
  • Me explaining English colloquialisms and other confusing English things
  • When I thought he was telling me that his Rosetta Stone program crashes every time he takes a plane
  • Him giving me advice on tech products and programs to download
  • The fry mask at Quizno's
  • His never-ending attempt to figure out a way to teach me how to roll my R's
Yep, saying goodbye sucks.

1 comment:

  1. hehehe that lizard is soooo small.... i can't believe you made that video. impressive :)

    ReplyDelete