The best part about my afternoon/evening yesterday was the ride home in the carrito. (Has anyone else noticed that my carrito experiences are the source of a lot of my random stories?) Anyway, Robert and I left work a tad early and since traffic was light, we hopped in a carrito. There was no door handle on the outside, and the one on the inside was hanging, literally, by the cord that connects through the door to the opening/closing switch; for lack of a better word. (Another observation: my new found knowledge of the inner workings of a car door due to the sheer amount of carritos that no longer have the inside panel on the door, just the metal frame and inner workings.) The driver always reach over to open the door since he knew the trick to it. However, when it came time to get out near the apartment, the guy in B4 (I was in B3 and Robert was in B2) went to open it and the handle came right off. It was priceless. He just held up the handle with this look of embarrassment combined with "seriously, this is not my fault." Between that moment and when the driver figured out how to pull the cord hard enough to get it open, my mind envisioned myself having to crawl out the window to get out of the car (the left-hand side was also missing the door handles). I was also trying so hard not to burst out laughing. As soon as I was out of the car, I couldn't contain myself anymore and I laughed for most of the walk home.
 |
| Possible protesters |
This morning, when Robert and I were waiting for the carrito, a group of people with signs showed up at the end of the block. They seemed to be mostly female and there was someone videotaping them. They let out some cheers and screams and blocked a bit of traffic. No idea what it was about. Maybe they were protesters or just trying to raise awareness about something. Often I see university aged people out standing by the main roads with signs. I can never figure out what it is about though. This afternoon all of the interns have to go for a meeting at the MC. There has been some kind of crazy things happening with AIESEC here lately. This latest bit of news definitely takes the cake.
I'm really worried about how cold I'm going to be in Canada. Today, without the humidex, there is a 15 degree difference between Edmonton and Santo Domingo at the moment. With the humidex, oh you know, a 30 degree difference. How insane is that?! In case you are wondering - with the humidex it is currently 46 degrees right now - yikes! - which is why when I don't have air conditioning, like this morning, it feels like a slow death by melting...
Haha, love the carrito story! :) Can't wait for another adventure tomorrow morning when we go to work! ;D
ReplyDelete