Today went by so quickly!
I met up with some of my previous coworkers from the City (Bart, Lionel, Beth, Chris and Erick) for lunch at Hundred. Truffled popcorn was consumed along with a great salmon sandwich (apparently I'm into fish these days). It was lovely to catch up a bit, a lot has changed since I last saw them. After lunch, I went to City Centre mall to grab a few things that I needed. I was a bit early for my next date, so I grabbed a decorating magazine and headed over to Credo early. I enjoyed a yummy vanilla latte while reading up on the new design trends and within no time Lara arrived! We've had a long distance friendship for quite a while now, but we've been lucky to meet up in Edmonton a couple times now. She has been studying in Germany for the past year, and is now back in Canada before heading to Spain to finish up her Master's degree. We ended up chatting for nearly 2.5 hours! Luckily, we were taking about time differences between locations and Lara looked at her watch to figure out what time it was in Australia or we would have both been late for our next commitments. I wandered back to where I had parked my car and then headed home to wait for Bart to finish work.
Since Bart can't drive for the next week, we left his car at my place and took my car to his place. First we stopped by his optometrist's office so I could give him my opinion on some glasses he was looking at. We both agreed on a lovely silver Armani pair. We then headed back to his house and just chilled for a bit. I was totally craving Subway so I went and got myself a sub for supper while Bart ate some leftovers. We watched the first episode of Alias (our plan for next week is to get started watching the entire series) and now we're just getting things ready and packed for tomorrow. We have to be at the hospital at 7:30am and his surgery begins at 9:40am. It's going to be a long morning. So send positive thoughts his way!
No comments:
Post a Comment