1. When I was walking home on Monday I saw my first car rub. I was just about at Lincoln when a car started trying to backup to reposition itself in heavy traffic and ended up rubbing up against a carrito. Of course the car that did this was nice and suffered more damage. I don't think the carrito really cared. I'm still surprised that it took me nearly 3 weeks to see this happen though!
2. While walking home yesterday (Tuesday) I saw a shirt that made me laugh and made me wonder why it was even made in the first place and why that lady had bought it. It was a black t-shirt and in varying fluorescent colours it said on it:
OMG
LOL
WTF
Random.
Yesterday was also my 6 month anniversary with Bart. I made him a little video that highlighted all of the random memories I had of the entire time I've known him. Beginning with the interview back in April. I had a heck of a time actually sending it to him though. But finally, in a low resolution, I got it through. Needless to say, he really liked it!
The other adventure from yesterday was not having any water for several hours. Not being able to shower when I got home was unfortunate, but of course, we survived.
While I was having my daily chat with Bart, I got a call from O. He was still at work (it was nearly 8pm) and told me that Sr.S wanted us to be in early tomorrow since he is putting us on the team that is doing a major audit. O said that Sr.S had told him to pick me up in the morning, so O said he would be at my apartment at 8am.
So I got up about half an hour earlier than usual to ensure I wouldn't be running behind. I even made myself coffee (Starbucks VIA). At around 8:15am, O showed up with one of the other guys from work in the car too. We got to the office at around 8:30 and I sat down, waiting for instructions about this very important project. And I kept waiting. Then I started drinking my coffee. I was flooded with emotions. I haven't had my Starbucks coffee in my green mug since before I left Canada. I had no idea how much I relate that mug and that coffee with Bart. But I guess when, for the past nearly 8 months, you get the same coffee with someone everyday in the same mug you're bound to make a connection through your senses.
Finally, Sr. S came and told O and I to set up our laptops in his office. This was welcome news as it meant I got to sit in a comfy leather chair all day, look at beautiful art and be in a nice temperature controlled room. We had to work through lunch so sandwiches and juice were ordered. The sandwich I had was amazing, it was grilled with cheese, a sauce, tomatoes, lettuce, pickles, roasted red peppers, and eggplant. I also had passion fruit juice. MMM.
When it was finally time to go home, I had worked 11.5 hours straight. But it didn't seem all that bad. Sr. S had the driver take me home. It's kind of fun to have a driver take you home! Tomorrow, O is supposed to pick me up again early as we still aren't finished preparing the financial statements and supporting documents.
Since it was so hot today, Maria suggested we all go for ice cream once she was done class at 9. So we did. I had some chocolate macadamia ice cream that had a bit of caramel sauce in too. MMM.
Tomorrow, I only have to work until 1pm as it is Easter. I am looking forward to having 3.5 days off in a row! I also have plans to meet up with Jennifer and Andreea at a vegetarian restaurant for lunch tomorrow! Yay!


You forgot to mention the Haagen-Dazs ice cream store. I'm so jealous they have a whole store just for Haggen-Dazs. Can't wait.
ReplyDeleteHee Hee. I'll mention it when I actually step inside the place! Not just look at it while passing by in a car! Yep, it will be awesome when we go!
ReplyDelete