Thursday, March 25, 2010

Too Much Sugar

Last night, Pavol asked me if I wanted to do a rum tasting.  He had made a new rum that was infused with green apple.  I said sure!  So later, Pavol, Maria and I tried the apple infused rum.  It was quite good, sweet with a hint of sour.  However, Pavol exlaimed, "It's Like Birthday Cake! Chocolate Birthday Cake!" (he would like me to clarify that it didn't taste like birthday cake, it smelled like birthday cake)  Then we tried a 5 year old Nicaraguan rum (Flor de Cana Black Label).  It was strong to the extreme.  Even Pavol thought it was a bit too intense.

Here we are, about to taste the apple infused rum:


And onto today... overall, it was a good day.  I feel like I am fitting in more at work and getting to know people better.  It's nice!  But before I continue....

RANDOM EVENT: near the Reinaldo building, there was a giant (I'll let you interpret that) dead rat on the sidewalk.  It freaked me right out!  I had to calm myself down by actually talking to myself.  No one was close, so I don't think anyone saw me acting all crazy...

and to continue...

As always, I was hot this morning when I got in and just couldn’t stand it without AC. So I asked JCL (new cleaning lady abbreviation - I had forgotten her name, but O told me today and since I already have a J, she will be JCL) if she knew where to go to turn on the AC. She made a phone call for me and then took me down to the back entrance, where I was shown which breaker turns it on. Then, when we went to go back in, she asked me if I like café. “Si”, I said. So another lady, who was preparing tiny cups of coffee gave one to me. Unfortunately though, a teaspoon of sugar had been added already (see size of cup to understand what this did to the coffee). I thanked them for the coffee and headed back up to my desk. I took a sip and nearly spit it out. It was so sweet! (Note: for those of you that don’t know, I drink my coffee black. To me, sugar just ruins the coffee goodness.)


At the office, I have apparently taken on yet another new duty: English Receptionist. It seems that when a call comes in English for Sr.S and he is not there, no one knows what to do.  So they come and get me, ask me if I can take the call, then transfer the call to me and I take the message. I wonder what the person calling thinks about all of this…

And here is one of the reasons why you have to look up (others are more “normal” like watching out for tree branches) while you’re walking…



Yep, random wires hanging down off the posts and off other wires.  My assumption is they do not contain any current, but I'm sure to avoid them while they are swinging around in the wind anyway.

Sad news to finish, we found out yesterday that Andrew is moving out on April 10.  :(  I will definitely miss having him around!

2 comments:

  1. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH rat... i don't think i can visit you anymore. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha. I also saw a man walking in the middle of traffic holding a snake today. Random.

    ReplyDelete