Interestingly, I received a Student Visa (or Estudiante!). The company's letter (I realized this later, as my Spanish reading skills are very poor and online translators are not always much help) made a point to state that my salary is strictly to cover the cost of living, so that is why they could give me the student visa.
So tomorrow, after lunch with Ola, I'm going to get my travel/medical insurance, and then scan the internet for awesome flight deals. Today, there is one that is a bit cheaper than what I've seen for Monday, but it would also get me into Santo Domingo at midnight, which may not be that convenient. We'll see what deals there are tomorrow.
Also excited because mom and dad decided to come up this weekend, which I'm glad for, since the last time they were here, we didn't really have a proper "I'm leaving for a year" goodbye.
I've also begun the official packing (previously I've just been doing pseudo packing, where I gather together all the stuff I want to take in the dining room - now it's actually being packed properly into the suitcases) and so far its going well! Although I'm not happy that the American airlines charge for checked baggage - you don't even get one checked bag free! It almost makes Air Canada seem enjoyable! ALMOST.
Alright that is it for now. I leave you with a picture of happy me with my passport/visa!

No comments:
Post a Comment