As the title indicates, I am currently in Seattle! The city looked gorgeous as the sun had just gone down - and I am quite happy that I got to see the Space Needle from the plane - I mean, at least I got to experience a little bit of Seattle - right?
Well, let's back up. Today so far has been stressful. Having to say goodbye to Bart was painful, trying to finish packing sucked since I ran out of room, and now don't have everything I wanted to have. I nearly finished my cleaning, but not as much as I had hoped (sorry family). But, as promised, Leslie was at my door at 2:30, ready to take me to the airport. With Jonathan's help, we struggled to get the luggage into the car, but it all fit, and off we went. I ended up having to wait in the check-in line for about an hour, as they didn't have anyone at the desk. That sucked - my back is quite sore now. Then I finally got in, both of my bags were over the 50lbs limit (surprise, surprise) so with the regular checked baggage fee plus my heavy fees, I ended up paying $100 for my baggage to get on the plane. However, I was happy to learn that this would cover my entire chain of flights.
Then came security... it went well until the border agent, who tried to trick me into saying I was going for business. But I held firm and went with the I'm a student doing a work abroad internships thing. Then at security, they tested all my bags for whatever they test for, and then I had the option of getting a pat-down or going into the fancy full body scan machine. A part of me was like - do the machine. But then I was like, the machine is kind of scary - I'd prefer a traditional pat-down - thanks!
The flight here had only 18 people on. It felt odd. Especially because I was stuck at the back with one other guy. I slept through most of the flight, and woke up just before we landed. Success! Had dinner at Sbarro, (it was not as good as in Canada), discovered there was free wifi (got really excited) and then grabbed myself a Starbucks. And now we're caught up. Have just over two hours until my next flight boards. This is the long one - nearly 5 hours. I hope more sleeping is in store - and by that I mean, I hope they give me a pillow and blanket so that I can sleep comfortably...
yay for free wi-fi! thats great, so many airports make you pay! arg...
ReplyDeleteboo to the long line. i feel bad for leaving you there... but i'm happy that everything went more or less smoothly and that you got yourself some starbucks! woo hoo!!
hopefully by now you are on your way to newark or already there!!