Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Ah! A Membership Card!

After several attempts by the lovely and adorable cashier at Pola to explain to me what she was always asking me about, I finally figured it out! (To clarify, I was pretty sure she was referring to a membership/discount card, but today, I knew for sure.)  We have this sort of amusing relationship forming.  She recognizes me as, I assume, the lady who is always buying random food at lunch and doesn't understand Spanish.  She always looks amused when she sees that I'm next in line.  I find her adorable because she is always trying to get me to understand (a lot of people just quit trying when I tell them I don't speak Spanish).  When she was explaining the card to me today, the man in line behind me held up his to help explain and then he continued to tell me about it, and then she said to him, she doesn't understand Spanish.  I found this all very amusing.  I have a knew goal to find out (and learn) how to say that slowly I am learning Spanish!  That or perhaps I should just get a membership card and then avoid the explanations...

Experienced a few drops of rain on the walk home.  It was cloudy out but I chose to still sport the shades.  However, when nearly at home a man hissed at me.  Ugh.  I wish I knew how to tell them off in Spanish.  Something so powerful that word would get around to never hiss at a woman again.  I can dream, can't I?  I found it interesting, also, that the ocean was a dark gray, as opposed to its usual blue, even though the clouds seemed to end before the ocean.  It looked a little eerie, but in a good intense way.

And, since I did not have a good sleep last night and I feel like I'm getting sick again (!) I need to sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment