Thursday, April 22, 2010

Smells like...

Well, indeed my understanding of there being a rat upstairs in the office was true.  JCL confirmed this today when I got to work.  Apparently everyone but me can smell this.  Maybe it's because I have never had to smell a rat before... I mean, in the literal sense.  The rat that I saw on the way home yesterday was still in the same spot.  I really hoped he would have been removed along with the garbage. 

All of this rat business has led to the need for a new strategy to deal with this mentally.  During my walk, it dawned on me.  I know a really cool rat.  A rat that even turtles were friends with... that's right, Splinter.  See, rats aren't that bad after all.  Photo Source

I also had a Mr. Baby Lizard sighting this morning.  He was chilling in the kitchen.  I scolded him for not eating enough mosquitoes.  We have far too many in the main area.  Plus, he needs protein to grow up to be a big Mr. Lizard. 

Enough of my silliness. 

The power was out for about 2 hours at work this morning.  Of course, my work laptop is old and only lasts so long, so boredom set in rather quickly.  I had received my "care package" this morning and I ended up opening it and checking it out since I was rather bored (due to my inability to do work without a laptop).  It was very lovely and made me very happy! 

It was very hot today and I spent most of the day feeling ill and lethargic.  The other downside to the heat is how it smells outside.  Garbage is a big issue in this city, often people just throw it out, not in bags, into or around garbage bins (or just anywhere for that matter).  There is a Chinese restaurant I walk by on the way to EmpareDado and I swear they just dumped a bunch of used cooking grease/fat near their garbage bin.  When it is this hot, it is disgusting to be wandering around.  The other place I have a smell issue with is in Pola near the meat section.  I don't know why it smells the way it does, but it is so bad that I gag.  So if you see me smelling my hand and wandering around Pola, you'll know why.

I ended up taking a carrito home since I was so tired.  I'm starting to get used to being crammed into a car with strangers, although the way I ended up sitting today left me with a bit of a cramp in my leg.   Just had an early supper with the plan of chatting quickly to mom and Bart and then heading to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment