Today began like most Saturdays... alarm went off, turned the water heater on, crawled back into bed and read my email/facebook/twitter, showered, got ready, ate breakfast... except while eating breakfast, I sat there thinking how much I didn't even have the energy to eat breakfast. And then I realized that I was so hot due to the crazy ingredient in the cough syrup that I was sweating even with the fan on. So today, instead of me convincing Andrew to go to work, Andrew convinced me to stay home again. I think this was definitely for the best. First of all, this meant that I was here when Andrew left today. That was a sad moment, having to say goodbye. I laughed at how little luggage he had and then laughed at myself for how much luggage I have. When I went to go back into the apartment, I noticed one of the small chirpy-window birds was strutting around, pumping himself up and showing off his feathers. Must have been some cute female birdies near by. It was quite funny.
I proceeded to eat a mango and watch some Yes, Prime Minister before taking a nap. Now this nap, was perfect. I woke up feeling 10 times better. I chatted with mom briefly and then took a walk to Nacional for some groceries.
My favorite purchase of the day (besides cheese, heinz ketchup and nutella):
Yeah, this time I thought I'd get a name I knew - even if it is a 2008 - and in a smaller bottle so none goes to waste. Bart tells me that if I drink wine I will get better. So I'll give it a try.
A lot of people were staring at me on the way home. The bag boys once again assumed I must have a car due to the sheer amount that I was buying, but I said "camina" (walk). I had brought along one of my reusable bags so they helped me load that up and even put it onto my shoulder for me (since my other arm was full of bags too. So yes, I hobbled home with a gigantic bag on my right shoulder, a baguette in my right hand, and 3 other bags in my left. I really wish I had a picture of this for all of you to see...
I made a very yummy grilled cheese sandwich when I got back, had a quick chat with Bart and then relaxed for a bit. Until... I heard a marching band/drum line outside. So random. At first I'm like, is that what I think it is? I went and asked Pavol and he acted like this was normal and he said if I went outside I should be able to see it and that people will be gathered. Well I must have waited too long because when I got outside, there was nothing to see and the sound was getting further away.

No comments:
Post a Comment