Friday, April 2, 2010

Yeah, We Totally Fight Beavers!

As much as I had hoped for a morning without construction noise, I didn't get it.  They started at about 8am and went until noon.  However, I had a great nap after they went home!

Most of the day was spent lazing around.  I got to chat with a lot of my family this afternoon which was cool.  Mom, dad, Jonathan, Grandma, Lynelle, Aunt Lois, Uncle Duane, Aunt Sandra and even Lynelle's cat, Pumpkin.  It was a lot of fun.  I gave Grandma a tour of the house, and they got to meet Andrew. 

This evening, we went over to Maria's place as she was making a traditional Dominican Easter dessert: Habichuelas con Dulce (sweet beans).  It was very yummy, and it was even Maria's first time making it.  She did great!  Here's a recipe.


I got to meet a few more people, including a lovely couple from France.  Which meant that I got to practice a little bit of French - although I forgot a lot of words...  Also, Pavol has this thing about how Canadians can't drink too much because we get violent and throw chairs.  I'm not sure where he got this from, but that's not the point.  So I said, "No, Pavol, we don't throw chairs..." and then he says to the French couple, "and they fight beavers." To which I replied, "well that, we do."  "Really?" says Pavol.  Hee Hee.  Anyways, this led to a discussion about beavers and then some confusion between beavers and otters.  So for the information of anyone who would like to know the difference between beavers and otters, wikipedia is here for you.


Anyways, it was a fun evening.  Andrew and I took off a bit early and headed back to the apartment since he had work to do and I was just tired.  Like usual.  On the way back, Andrew and I ended up talking about how I would enjoy getting into politics one day.  This, of course, was pretty funny to Andrew.  I don't necessarily disagree.  It is kind of funny.


No comments:

Post a Comment