Tuesday, April 13, 2010

There is a Lizard Under My Bed!

Today started off well.  Then my work laptop crashed and I took it to R again.  I haven't seen it since.  Which made for an interesting day at work since the project I was working on, was on my laptop.  I had a bit of editing to do here and there, which is the only thing that kept me remotely busy today.  At lunch, I met up with Jennifer and Andreea to go to Jardin Verde, a vegetarian restaurant a few blocks from the MC.  It was such a lovely place and the food was great.

Here is my rice with curry:


Here is a iced/slush passion fruit drink that was AMAZING:


Leaving work, I saw lots of things - and traffic was crazy insane, more than usual.  So I happily walked along thinking, I'm totally going faster than most of you in cars.  There were two men on one corner, just a few blocks from the office, and one was shouting into a megaphone about something.  He sounded quite passionate but I wasn't able to make out any of the words.

They finally took down some of the walls around the construction site for the ESSO station.  It looks pretty nice!  I mean, for a gas station.

I also saw the result of an accident.  Someone had rear-ended another person.  I felt bad though, because the lady who did the rear-ending was a very frightened looking Caucasian woman.  The officer was writing her a ticket and she was on her cell phone looking quite desperate.  

Then, I figured out why traffic was so crazy today.  There was a seemingly huge party at Reinaldo.  Traffic had parked two to three wide along Lincoln.  What a mess!  I ended up having to walk on the road just to get around.

When I got home, I headed to my room and when I opened the door, Mr. Baby Lizard was on the floor, he scurried a bit, closer to my bed.  I let out a small, but surprised, "AH!" Then he scurried under my bed.  I have yet to see him emerge.  So yeah, there's a lizard under my bed.

And this kleenex I just thought was too cute.  It makes me smile:

1 comment: