Sunday, April 11, 2010

Feeling Much Better!

I'm happy to say that today I was feeling so much better.  Still sick mind you, but not the type of sick that causes you to be unable to do something.  Just the type of sick that puts a damper on your day but that's about it.

I did spend most of the day at home though.  I was able to sleep in finally, since I had a black tank top draped over my eyes and ears while sleeping.  This sounds odd, but actually, my ears were very sensitive the last couple of days and were being bothered by the breeze from my ceiling fan when I slept.  So I just covered them up with a tank top, but the only way to do that was to also drape the tank top over my eyes.  The added benefit of not waking up to the morning sunlight didn't even occur to me.  But was welcome, nonetheless.

I had a bit of excitement when I was getting ready this morning and discovered that the baby lizard we saw in Pavol's room was now in my closet.

Here he is close up:


And here he is with a bit of perspective as to his true size (yes that spot at the top corner of the closet...):


Anyways, he seemed fairly harmless.  I have no idea where he is now, but I'm trying not to worry about it.  It rained quite a bit today, off and on, so I didn't go out for a walk as I had planned.  In the evening though, I went with Maria and her friend Nicole to the Colonial Zone for some ice cream and a wander.  I was able to find the hotel that Mom and Dad are planning to stay at, and it is quite lovely!  I'm excited to see the inside when they arrive (which is 1 month away!)

No comments:

Post a Comment