Well, Easter is over, for another year. It was very different spending a major holiday away from my family. I spent much of the weekend thinking back to all of the wonderful Easter weekends I've had. So I was pretty homesick, but in a happy way. That is kind of how I've been feeling recently a lot. I miss things, but I remember them so fondly. Everything a person had or has becomes even more special when it is not around anymore. But it also puts a good perspective on things. You realize all the things you can do without and who your real friends actually are.
My weekend recap is pretty simple. I just chilled at home. The highlight of Saturday was a nearly 5 hour online boardgame date with Bart. He may have won 2/3 of our Monopoly games, but I dominated in Battleship and Scrabble! We're such geeks!
Sunday, involved more chilling. I did some "spring cleaning" around the house, which included washing my bedding, mopping my floor, and cleaning the bathroom. In a way, I was kind of sad that I didn't get out and do anything, but at the same time, it felt nice to just get even more settled at home. Plus, being around my ceiling fan the entire weekend instead of being in the hot sun was a treat. However, one of my fears came true - the lizards have made it to the back of the apartment! Pavol had a very tiny one (about an inch long) in his room! Luckily they are very skittish so I don't think they will bother me...
The morning walk was extra nice today because of a lovely breeze that kept me from getting too hot! Work was good.
My triumph today was at lunch. I had yet another day with no lunch buddy, but I couldn't stand another day of my usual fare from Pola (random food stuffs that I don't have to talk to anyone to buy). So I marched over and headed directly to the small hot food section. I had this great hope that I'd be the only one there so that no one other than the guys serving would laugh at me, no such luck though. I got in line, and when it was my turn, I said, "arroz" and pointed to the yellow rice. The guy behind the counter asked me what size, he saw my complete loss for words (this happens a lot because I'm starting to understand what's being said to me but my vocabulary is still too small to reply), held up one of the plates, and I said "si!" Yep, he then packed it up for me, I said thank you, and then headed over to find something to drink. However, in my excitement, I ended up buying a diet V8, sweetened with Splenda (the label is even in English so I had no excuse). So slightly less of a triumph in the end.
I finished off my day by making a stop at Casa Cuesta to spend some of my hard earned money. I bought a little shelf unit, an iron and some small containers to help organize my stuff.

No comments:
Post a Comment