Recently, at work, I've been having some issues with my laptop there. It will often crash and go to a screen with a lot of squiggles on. Usually, this happens maybe once or twice a day, but today, it happened 5 times in the first hour I got to work. O told me to take it to R right away while the squiggle screen was showing. So I wandered over to R's office with my laptop in tow. R looked at it, seemed puzzled, then turned it off, turned it over and felt it. He was feeling the laptop as if he were a doctor checking to see if he could feel any damage. I tried hard to keep my laughter inside. He looked up at me and said, it's hot. I said, a bit yes. (In my experience, this laptop is far from being hot... my old Dell would actually heat up my table so much that I could feel the heat underneath the table...) Then he started taking it apart. He would take out a little green piece, read it, and set it aside. He took out a drive, shook it to see if he could hear anything, and set it aside. Finally he put it all back together, gave it another feel, turned it on and told me it was good. It seemed to work fine for the rest of the day!
At lunch, I was extremely determined to get a sandwich from EmpareDado, so that is what I did. The lady understood me and I got exactly what I wanted. I was quite pleased and decided to treat myself to a Ritter Sport since I had to stop by Pola after anyway. It's amazing how much confidence and independence you feel when you have an accomplishment like that.
One month from today mom and dad will be arriving! I'm getting quite excited for their visit and am now constantly thinking of where to take them, how to take them, etc.
Since I've been a bit skimpy on pictures lately, I've got a bunch today. The first two are from last night in the Colonial Zone. After I did some editing, I got them to look half-decent, as it was quite dark and I didn't want to use the flash and just had my small camera.
Here are some shots from the way home. First is the intersection where Lope de Vega and Lincoln meet (also where the little park is that I like: see #18). If you want to hear a good variety of car horns, this is the place to be. Shortly after this picture was taken, a truck tried to get through going one way which blocked two both of the lanes of traffic that are trying to merge onto one. It was very noisy!
Here is the walk home, and if you look between the tree and the pole you can see the ocean.
And this pole was there in the morning. Nothing has been done with it. Which kind of makes me laugh.
And here is a mosquito on my mosquito net. If they were really smart, they would figure out how to squeeze through, since I think they would fit...







This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete"Finally he put it all back together, gave it another feel, turned it on and told me it was good. "
ReplyDeleteThis reminds me of SNL skit about IT departments and how they pretend they knew things, yet they are just as clueless as the rest of us. Anyways, I'm still laughing.